The Half Truth

The other day when I was traveling by train, heading home, a not-so-unusual yet worth-sharing thing happened. There was a very tall albino (no offense to the race or anybody) draped in an all khadi get-up sat right in front of me. Not being able to help my natural tendancy of “observing anything and everything under the sky”, I wore my(observation)glasses on.

“Hare Krishna Hare Krishna” was what he chanted,(pretending to)counting the beads.
Read on you’ll know why is that pretending within brackets.

Scene 1: A fruit vendor went past him; he called him and asked “how much?”
The vendor replied in his normal Hindi accent, “Dus Rupiah.”
He asked him again. Poor vendor couldn’t get that the man was not able to understand him so he said once again,” Dus Rupiah”.
This time the man was already fuming in disgust when a co-passenger came to his rescue and uttered “Ten Rupees”.
(Such was his Level of Patience, let alone Tolerance and had come all the way to a different country to seek …I don’t know what.)

Scene 2: A few moments later a female TTE was heard yelling at a passenger for the obvious reason.
And here was our man still chanting and passing a wry smile (at the TTE’s disgraceful shouting almost like an animal).
(I was astonished and anguished at the same time, at the very fact that he’s been fooling himself.)
Pretending to meditate when all his mind is doing, is concentrating on the outside world.

By this time I have had enough of all this and decided to take out my glasses and give some rest to my eyes, hence went to sleep.
When I was about to alight I heard a man saying, “Poor Guys, come here in search of Real Peace.”

I could not help myself laughing out loud.



Moral of the Incident: If you can’t find peace (spiritualism, mental strength orwhatever you want to call it) at home you won’t find anywhere else.

My take: I pity those people who still believe that the path to finding solace is a physical something that has to be sought for.

Comments

Popular Posts