Lost at something...an apt title!

After a rainy Saturday evening and a decent self-prepared adrak chai (ginger tea for my fellow readers in France and US!!: I just got to know I have audience there too ;) courtesy eblogger settings! ) here I am trying to pen down my thoughts in the most exact way as they are in my head.

Apparently, writing something in its most unchanged form becomes a daunting task sometimes. You tend to lose many parts of it as you think faster than you write and at times, people like me, navigate different mind zones so randomly that it becomes difficult to catch up with one story at a time.

Nevertheless, today I sit here to write something that I had imagined to do ....wait when did the movie "Wake up Sid" release....yes this story dates back to 2009 when I was about to graduate engineering college in another year. My roommate and I had painstakingly traveled some good 30-35 kms one way to watch the movie in a multiplex. I know it sounds stupid now but back then City 36 was the only feasible option for a mall-like experience in Chhattisgarh.

The movie talks about an optimistic Bengali girl being welcomed by a new city...Mumbai. It showcases her house hunting process, her making new friends saga, her workplace stories and of course the so expected story of her finding true love in her only best friend in the city.

Back then the only thing in the movie that pulled me was the house that was re-decorated by her friends and herself. The end product (thanks to the art designer of the movie...the house was so beautifully done   made me fall in love with the city) was so beautiful that it made me forget everything and I began wishing to wear the shoes of the "New Girl In The City". (People who have watched the movie cannot forget this phrase. For those who haven't, its the title of one of the articles written by the female protagonist of the film.)

I wanted a house like that for my own in Mumbai all by myself. And to my fortunate destiny I did land up in Mumbai after 6 years only to dream for a place like the one in the movie. ....By the way, it has started pouring again...& what a pristine moment to rain...may be His way of laughing off my situation....

My share of house hunting stories are not that hunky-dory. Blessed are those people who have inherited properties in Mumbai.As far as I am concerned, I am still on the look out for an affordable accommodation that I can decorate to my heart's intent.

Nevertheless, I never stop hoping to decorate my own house some day like the "New Girl In The City".

Some pictures of the house in the movie. Enjoy.





Comments

  1. I too had those thoughts in my mind but my course is too long to finish and then settlement is far away so when you land up at your exact destination do invite me �� I too would like to help u out !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do it right away sweetu....come right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts