(Un)Noticed & Proud Creations...A foreword

As far as I can remember, it was in standard IX,in an English Class, that we were told to write something of our own, a poem, an article or anything for that matter, as long as it was original. My teacher of English who gave us this task is no more now, its been more than a year now.She didn't find my piece of creation praiseworthy enough to tell me that I pulled off a decent attempt(let alone,read it in front of the whole class).But my friend's poem was indeed read out (not that I needed her or anybody else's attention,but a word of...I don't know what, would have meant a lot to me).
I had a chance of meeting her and talking to her again when I went to invite her for my sister's marriage in 2009. She was a different person altogether then.
Back in school,she used to scare the shit(forgive me for this usage,couldn't find a better one) out of everyone...including some of the teachers...I remember how she yelled at one of our teachers of Mathematics, in front of the entire class ...Don't remember the reason though...God ...It was HILL-arious to watch him listen to her meekly...his head bent down...didn't even think of answering her back. It was HIllarious more so because even he used to beat the shit(i'm sorry again) out of some of the so-called notorious guys of my class...so watching him in a more awkward situation was obviously way funnier for all of us.
Anyway coming back to where I left, when I met her after some 6 years or so, she seemed very...fragile, which was something that was way beyond anyone can imagine her to be. I remember vaguely; she was watching Baba Ramdev's meditation on Sanskaar TV channel(or perhaps,Shri Shri Ravi Shankar) and she even took me to her room where she was watching...I don't remember exactly what she said, let alone the sound of her voice...but I very well remember the look on her face when she told me about the person on TV...she was so engrossed that I felt like I didn't even interrupt her.
Back then at school,there were rumours afloat in air that she has had a real tough life and that life didn't treat her with much kindness...I still don't know the truth, not that I didn't bother to know.
She was a person with many facades...she was funny...she was strict...she was pulling peoples' legs at the slightest oppurtunities...she was a critique...she was an admirer...and she was definitely someone else and even more for many others; her collegues (other teachers at school),friends,students and everyone who knew her.
So at last here I am...intending to post my first English poem (which went unapplauded),instead landed up writing about the person who was the reason behind the poem. And ofcourse, somebody whom I and surely, many others like me feared the most in school; yet held a very special place in everybody's heart.
Maybe I'll post the poem next time or may be not, but I'll keep this one as a foreword to it. MA'M wherever you are right now,I hope you are listening to this :
I've always Loved and Respected you.
You were the best thing that happened to a lot of us.

Comments

  1. The old gen has always had strange ways of showing that they love you! Scolding and screaming was one such! I am sure she loved you for what you are! some people are simply not good at expressing! Godd read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts